Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Being Open to New Styles


Over the years my style has shifted through different trends.  One thing that I've realized over the years is that regardless of my current style, I am usually really picky about the clothes that I purchase.  This could be partially due to my tendency to like styles that aren't "in style" at the time.  Even when my interests matched the trends, I would find myself looking for something so specific that there was no way I would ever find it.




More recently I've opened up my preferences to give other trends a chance.  Prior to this blog (which probably prompted me to be a little more introspective about it), I would never have worn or started wearing more modern pieces like infinity scarves or high-low skirts or bold statement necklaces.



Now I feel like I try to do a mixture of gravitating toward my normal styles and taking an interest in in current styles that I like.  Being open to other styles of clothing has enriched my wardrobe and made it stronger.  I suppose the takeaway is that challenging your normal routine can be beneficial and help you to be more creative.


- The Lovely Red Fox


No comments:

Post a Comment